YateMMI How To
YateMMI is a Mobile Management Interface intended to control and configure Core network equipments and Radio Network equipments (RAN equipments are not yet supported).
You can log in on the MMI using any browser, if you forward YateMMI port 80 to 127.0.0.1 on port 2080, web address will be http://127.0.0.1:2080/mmi/
YateMMI is organised in contexts, modules and submenus as shown in the below picture.
Each context has a software wizard (setup assistant), more wizards or none which will lead the user through a series of reasonable steps, to perform configuration easier.
Note: More details can be found in YateMMI Concepts section.
- 1 Installation Info
- 2 My Network
- 3 Equipments
- 4 Profile Management
- 5 Subscriber Management
- 6 Home
Only one MMI can be present in a network.
Usually, when an equipment is purchased, MMI is configured for that equipment.
Network configuration is the first step for setting up the MMI, here generic informations about the network will be set (network name, type, dialect, indicator; APNs; Diameter support; STP settings, etc.)
Some of these informations will be used in the later added on network equipments. Specific configuration parameters for each equipment will be set when adding one.
MMI can be used to configure "just YateHSS/HLR" for an existing network or can be used to configure major equipments (HSS/HRL/UCN/SMSC) of a Core network using setup type: "Extending Network" .
Setting up a network in just YateHSS/HLR mode is used when you want to add just an YateHSS/HLR to your network, mostly used by mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs)
More details about YateHSS/HRL can be found here: https://wiki.yatebts.com/index.php/YateHSS/HLR
Setting up a network in "Extending network" mode is recommended when you want to add other types of equipments to your network, not just YateHSS/HLR.
For the moment YateMMI can be used to configure YateUCN, YateHSS/HLR and Diameter/SS7 settings for YateSMSC and YateUSGW.
Note: But you can add the rest of equipments (with Add custom equipment), see their status, view logs and download configuration.
To add an equipment go to Equipment context (menu entry) and click Add equipment and a software wizard will help you with configuration steps/sections.
Note: You can use navigation buttons (from the bottom right corner of the screen: [Previous], [Next], [Skip], [Finish]) to return to a previous step or fast move between wizard steps.
- For YateUCN, wizard contains eight steps: Add equipment, SS7 settings, Diameter settings, Roaming and Handover ranges, MME mode, VLR mode, SGSN mode and GGSN mode.
- For YateHSS/HLR and YateSMSC, wizard contains three steps: Add equipment, SS7 settings and Diameter settings.
Note: Several equipments can be installed on a device, but they must be different (ex: one UCN, one HSS etc.)
After completion of a wizard, a notice will appear and ask if you would like to Apply changes.
After pressing "Apply" three new options will appear:
- Apply & restart directly after
- The settings will be saved and the device will restart to apply the new changes
- Apply & restart manually
- The settings will be saved, but you must restart the device manually to apply them
- Merge changes locally in MMI
- Settings will be merged, but only locally
Depending on the MMI user rights, a second notice can appear, from here you can push the changes to equipment immediately, if Allow web apply is enabled.
Note: Sometimes if your new settings are not applied to the equipment or any problem appears, it's required to click Reset tries and then Push changes now
- To edit an equipment use right button [+] Control node : click [Edit].
- Navigate to the step/section you need to make changes and then click [Finish].
- Add SIM profiles
- By default there aren't any SIM profiles imported in MMI: You can add a SIM profile from SIM profiles submenu by clicking [Add] or [Import]
- If you have purchased an equipment from us, we already imported the SIM profile and the SIMs to your MMI.
- Add CS/PS/EPS/IMS profiles
- If you have purchased an equipment from us, we already added CS/PS/IMS profiles to your MMI.
Subscriber management context is available only after YateHSS/HLR equipment was added. If you define more than one YateHSS/HLR equipment, they will be synchronized through the clustering module and every change in Subscriber management will be reflected in any added YateHSS/HLR. MMI will connect to the first defined YateHSS/HLR and push changes to it.
- Add/Edit SIMs
- Before you can add SIMs you need to add a SIM profile to assign SIMs to it.
- Export/Import SIMs
- You can import/export SIMs from/to a file
- The file type must be .csv or .out
- Add/Edit subscribers
- Before you can add subscribers, you need to have SIMs added, to assign subscribers to them.
- Add/Edit bookmarked subscribers
- Here you can find a small site map of YateMMI.
- From here you can see the configuration commands history filtered by performer, date and operation.
- From here you can configure user settings and modules settings.
- Users have 2 access levels :
- Add users who can access MMI.
- Use Add user button from the bottom left corner.
- Allow web apply: If set to true the user will be allowed to push changes on equipments directly from the interface without waiting for the cron to run.
- Edit users
- Each MMI user is listed in a table row, here you can find Edit and Delete buttons. (picture below)
- Enable/Disable specific modules for each MMI section:
- My Network
- Subscriber Management