MS connectivity toubleshooting guide
- 1 All MSs cannot see the network
- 2 One or more MS cannot see the network
- 3 MS doesn't register
All MSs cannot see the network
Check the Antenna
Confirm the RF environment
- Verify the interference using the frequency scanner module.
- Verify the noise value, telnet to eNB and apply (mbts noise)
The reported UL noise level should be < -45 dB. If there is bad RF environment, try to change the channel.
Confirm Radio Calibration
Confirm clock calibration
For GSM roaming or GSM Dataroam
Confirm the unit is connected to the HC.
Check for wrong IP configurations
- Set your assigned VPN IP address from the LMI BTS Configuration -> Core -> Roaming -> My sip dropdown
- Set the IP of the Hosted core with the port 5058 (100.127.0.1 or 100.127.128.1) from the LMI TS Configuration -> Core -> Roaming -> Reg SIP
- For GSM dataroam mode in LMI -> BTS Configuration -> Core -> GPRS Roaming:
- NNSF Bits: 8
- Explicitly map network nodes to IP addresses: 1=100.127.0.1 or 1=100.127.128.1
Verify the VPN
Kindly refer to VPN Tshooting
The Hosted Core accepts values for MCC = 001 and MNC =01 only.
To configure it from the LMI -> BTS Configuration -> Radio -> GSM -> Identity.MCC & Identity.MNC
One or more MS cannot see the network
Confirm that the frequency in use is supported by the UE/ UEs in the netowk.
To configure it from the LMI -> BTS Configuration -> Radio -> GSM -> Band
MS doesn't register
Confirm the SIM card
- For GSM Roaming or GSM Dataroam: If you see a message on the MS like ( your SIM doesn't allow connection to the Network). Make sure you are using the SIM card sent with the unit. Shipped SIMs are added to the HC and tested to work correctly.
- For NiPC:
- Make sure you are using the SIM card sent with the unit.
- Make sure the SIMs are configured correctly, following the guide: Subscriber Management
UE doesn't try to register
If the SM is throwing a fast error without trying to connect this might happen due to previous failure Try to either put the MS in airplane mode and take it off or to restart the MS.