Wireshark monitoring traffic inside YateBTS
Revision as of 13:58, 21 September 2017 by Monica
Traffic can be captured/analized with Wireshark in YateBTS when using GSM roaming or GSM dataroam working modes.
Do do so:
- Enable GSMTAP.GSM capture from the Yate rmanager
>> telnet 0 5037 mbts config TAP Control.GSMTAP.GSM on
GSMTAP.GSM will capture SIP and RTP packages.
- Enable GSMTAP.GPRS capture from the Yate rmanager
>> telnet 0 5037 mbts config TAP Control.GSMTAP.GPRS on
GSMTAP.GPRS will capture GTP-C and GTP-U packages.
- To check if GSMTAP is enabled type mbts config TAP in Yate rmanager.
yate-sdr@ybts-UNCONFIG> mbts config TAP Control.GSMTAP.GPRS on Control.GSMTAP.GSM on Control.GSMTAP.TargetIP 127.0.0.1 [default] yate-sdr@ybts-UNCONFIG>
- To capture traffic use tcpdump: tcpdump -i any udp port 4729 -w GSMTAP-yatebts.pcap
- Or Wireshark, already installed on the LatKit/SatSite by adding a custom filter: udp port 4729.